To obtain a pension visa, you must present the following documents:
- Copies of the passport of the applicant and dependents.
- Copy of a marriage certificate - if applicable.
- Copies of the visa and Emirates ID of all persons specified in the application (for UAE residents).
- Documents confirming the existence of work experience: an official letter from the last employer indicating the number of years of service, a letter from the social service or a similar body.
- Confirmation of the availability of financial security – a letter confirming the availability of regular monthly payments in the amount of at least AED 20,000 (USD 5,450) and indicating the name of the recipient together with the start date of the payment. The letter can be issued by the retirement fund or the last employer (provided that he makes pension payments)
- Bank statement confirming the fact that the applicant has a 3-year fixed deposit in the amount of AED 1,000,000 (USD 272,500) or more.
- Title Deed confirming ownership of real estate in Dubai (property in other emirates or countries will not be considered). In case the property is in shared ownership, the applicant's share must be equivalent to the amount of AED 2,000,000 (USD 545,000)
The whole process from consideration of the application to approval takes up to 15 working days. Due to the rather short processing time, it is not recommended to apply before the age of 55.
According to the Retire in Dubai programme, the retirement visa will be automatically renewed for another 5 years, provided the applicant meets all of the above-mentioned financial criteria.