Among the key aims of Dubai Marine Transport Master Plan 2030 are:
- 51% increase in marine transport users from 14M to 22M
- 188% extension of the marine transport network from 55km to 158km
- 65% rise in the number of marine stations from 48 to 79
- 32% increase in the marine transport fleet from 196 vessels to 258
- 400% expansion of marine lines from 7 to 35
The RTA has adopted new technologies to make the world's first autonomous electric abra even better. During the initial phase, the electric vessel reached Level 4 of the International Driving Automation Index. The capacity of the abra is 8 passengers. During the trials, the electric abra moved autonomously between Al Jaddaf Station and Dubai Festival City Marine Transport Station with 100% accuracy. It's planned that in 2024 it will feature a new design, as well as a reduced weight thanks to used fibreglass, and plans to achieve Level 5 out of 6 of the Index.